- Which information processing tasks remain to be automated? Look to eliminate areas that still rely on manual processes, in-person communications, or spreadsheets. Many productive, cheap and cheerful tools come Vendor-integrated.
- What’s missing from your process task templates/checklists that hinder repeatable results. Checklists tend to be only as good as the people who create and maintain them. No fancy new technology can compensate for an incomplete information or process design that fails to accurately record the process and its status. With employees working remotely, it’s especially important for all to see exactly where the group is in any business process. A modern collaboration tool can help remote workers achieve repeatable results.
- Have all standard procedures been documented? Documented processes allow understanding, which makes it easier to communicate and address issues for remote workers. Using standard designs documented using a cloud-based workflow tool can be very cost effective.
- Does the virtual process work for remote people working together in a way that meets their individual needs. Results still depend on people. Orchestrating a successful operation requires an emphasis on collaboration across silos and championing an organization's investment in building and maintaining personal relationships and motivating the individuals that make up your team, now more than ever.
If you have any questions on this, or would like to discuss it further, please reach out to us.
- Book a Consultation– for a FREE assessment and personalized Roadmap for Transformation of your Financial Operations
- Read another Blog Post- "Mapping Out Your Key Milestones on the Journey to Frictionless Financial Operations"
- Register for our weekly online discussion and demo with our CFO and Founder – Jim French